1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Skullport.net. This site will be updated to support D&D 5th edition rules in the future (near, we hope, still waiting on the books).

Your Weather Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wilorin, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    A thread to brag or complain about the weather in your area.

Yesterday we had no snow, or so little of it that it didn't matter. Then at about 7pm my time it began to snow, and it continued to snow until this morning. And the winds gusting to 80Km resulted in snow drifts.

This morning I went out to shovel the driveway, and it was cold. The windchill was at -21C, brrrr. And now, here is a picture of part of the snowbank cause by shovelling the driveway:

snow_1.jpg

Just waiting on the plow to go by now, grrrrrr

Monday we are suppose to get twice the amount of snow we received over night with equally strong winds blowing. Tuesday morning should be a real hoot.

Wilorin has earned 1 gold
  2. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    Ok, the last storm above one was just a test, I guess. Monday we received 61 cm (2 feet) of snow with winds blowing 70 kmh (43.5 mph) gusting to 111 kmh (69 mph) causing drifts of over 5 feet across the driveway and the front walk. The snowplow only went down the centre of our street, and I just finished shovelling some pretty packed snow at the end of the driveway. Thanks Mister Plowman. I know you'll come by again to widen the road sometime tonight so I'll start my day off tomorrow morning using some colourful language, I am sure.

Of course it's not done yet, another 25+ cms on it's way Wednesday night through Thursday morning with wind of course, and I don't know where I'm going to put it.

3. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    I sound like a broken record in this thread, but...2 days after the blizzrd, we got nailed again Wednesday night into Thursday with 36 cms of more snow and drifts caused by winds gusting up to 80 kmp/h. And now I have no more place to put any more snow, seriously no place left. I'd take a picture but all you will see is a wall of white, o_O

So a week ago virtually no snow, and within 7 days we now have 124 cm's of snow on the ground. Some drifts in my area are 1 storey high, my snow banks around my driveway are much taller than me. The good part, is for the next five days mostly sunny, or so the weather offices believes.

4. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    Since the last post, we actually had days above 0c and sunny. We lost about half the snow so far, and the forecast for the next five or so days is to be above 0 and a couple of double digit days. Hopefully most of the snow will be gone.

The snow bank at McDonalds won't be even close to being gone; that is one very high and large bank of snow, :eek:

Today: 11c and mostly sunny, :)

5. Erris Martel Dungeon Master

Erris Martel
    • AC 15
    • HP 9/9
    • Level
    • 1 (ECL 2)
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Lawful Neutral, female
    Aasimar
    Monk (1)
    We're looking at 25c here today. Partly sunny.

6. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    Holy crap, I'm envious. Though for the last week I can't complain, we had a few sunny days with temperatures in the double digits. Thursday evening is suppose to quickly drop below zero and stay that way until Monday. With the projected rain we are to get Thursday, it may be quite icy Friday morning.

7. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    Only ten days left to winter and this weekend is going to be one of the coldest weekends this year (or a close second), with wind-chills hovering around -27C into Sunday, sheesh. Come on spring!

8. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    Those groundhogs must have been smoking weed or high on crack or something, winter just will not give way to spring. Just been through one big storm (which those from the NE States know about), and another one is forecast for the last day of winter. o_O

9. Wilorin Tenderfoot

Wilorin
    • AC 17
    • HP 8/8
    • Level
    • Experience
    • Next Level
    Neutral, male
    Half-Elf
    Rogue (1)
    We had two days in a row where it was quite nice out, 20C+, but next week old man winter may return,:eek: